Immediate Supervisor: Maintenance Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Summary: The Maintenance Technician is responsible for diagnosing, repairing, and maintaining all plant equipment, buildings, and grounds in optimum working order.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment during production and performs scheduled maintenance repairs of production equipment during machine service.
- Prepares and sets up machinery for scheduled production runs.
- Performs mechanic skills including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, refrigeration, welding, steam and water piping, pneumatic and hydraulic troubleshooting and repair of production equipment.
- Complies with OSHA safety rules.
- Maintains facility building and outside property.
- Responsible for snow removal, lawn care, grounds maintenance.
- Maintains good housekeeping throughout the facility.
- Ensure sanitation, safety, GMP’s (Good Manufacturing Practices) and quality policies and procedures are followed.
- Assist in any other areas of the manufacturing plant when necessary.
- Prefer two year vocation technical degree in field of industrial maintenance.
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalent skills by experience.
- Must have good reasoning ability to deal with problems involving variables in standard situations.
- Must be able to read, interpret, and understand written and oral directions.
- Knowledge of proper use of equipment, materials, and supplies.
- Must demonstrate basic math skills to calculate production yields, and understand weights and measures.
- Must be able to verbally communicate, understand, and write in the English language.
- Must be able to work flexible hours and weekends.
Physical Requirements: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to sit, stand, or walk for prolonged periods of time. The employee is required to use hands and fingers to operate, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls and reach with hands and arms on a repetitive basis. The employee must be able to lift, bend, stoop, push/pull exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 50 pounds frequently and/or up to 20 pounds constantly to move objects. Requires visual acuity to review written documentations; ability to hear and understand speech. There is sufficient noise to cause the worker to shout in order to be heard above the ambient noise level. There is exposure to a variety of physical conditions such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, electrical current, and exposure to heat/cold temperature changes.