Milk Receiver – 3rd shift
3rd shift hours are approximately 5:00pm until 1:00am
Immediate Supervisor: Plant Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Summary: The Milk Receiver unloads raw milk products for storage, ships liquid products, accumulates proper and accurate samples of these products and maintains all functions in a sanitary means with minimum direct supervision.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Have knowledge of and understand all equipment involved in receiving and shipment of liquid products, pumps, lines,
valves, tanks, etc.
- Knowledge of sampling equipment and sample handling and storage.
- Documents all intake products.
- Maintain the intake areas by sanitary measures to meet Federal and State regulations and practice quality control of
- Accurately run all tests necessary for quality control, sight, smell and taste.
- Performs antibiotic tests during the absence of lab people.
- Checks and documents product temperatures.
- Reports and follows up on all repairs of equipment as needed.
- Perform all other assignments as required.
- Prefer high school graduate.
- Knowledge of proper use of equipment, materials and supplies.
- Ability to work independently and complete daily activities according to work schedule.
- Ability to lift heavy objects, walk and stand for long periods of time and perform strenuous physical labor sometimes
under adverse conditions.
- Must be able to verbally communicate, understand and write in the English language.
- Ability to use equipment and tools properly and safely.
- Must be available to work flexible hours and weekends.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, talk and hear. The employee is required to walk; use hands and fingers to operate, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.